YPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
DavsonSales collects information from you and about you. This may include:
Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
Payment Information. For example, we may collect your credit card number and billing address.
Information You Post. For example, we may collect information you post in a public space on our site. This may include our Ratings & Reviews feature.
Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information.
Event Information. For example, we may collect the mailing address associated with your event registry
Information You Submit. For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the "Live Chat" feature on our site.
Demographic Information. For example, we may collect your age, gender and zip code.
Driver's License Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may collect your driver's license information. For example, we may collect this information if you return an item without a receipt.
Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platforms. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include your in-store location. For more information about your choices related to location information, see the section below.
Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we may look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
DavsonSales collects information in different ways.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Make a purchase in our Stores or on our Platform.
- Make a return or exchange.
- Purchase an electronic gift card.
- Create a personalized DavsonSales shopping account.
- Track an order online.
- Sign up to receive promotional emails or text messages (including offers and sales alerts).
- Sign up to join a loyalty, rewards or similar program or club.
- Provide your contact information to our beauty associates.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys or focus groups.
- Create or update a gift registry.
- Use the Ratings & Reviews or related services and features.
- Submit a request to our Customer Service team.
- Sign up for, and/or maintain, a DavsonSales Charge card.
- Interact with DavsonSales social media pages.
Passively. For example, when you:
- Install and use DavsonSales mobile apps.
- Visit and navigate DavsonSales Platforms on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platforms.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- Use the Wi-Fi Services provided in some Stores.
- Visit Stores or warehouses; DavsonSales uses cameras in and around its Stores for security and operational purposes.
From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect in our stores with information we collect through our Platforms.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platforms.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or return transactions.
To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platforms and stores better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your customer feedback.
For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We may use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and our customers. It may also include protecting our Platforms.
To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
Internally. We may share your information within the DavsonSales family of companies. This includes our affiliates.
On our Platforms. For example, we may display information you post on our Ratings & Reviews feature. We may also display information you choose to share on your event registry.
With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf.
With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include third parties that provide financial products and services related to our business, including DavsonSales Charge credit card. It may also include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion.
With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if DavsonSales merges with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner's list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- Use the unsubscribe link on any DavsonSales promotional emails.
Text Messages & Mobile Coupons:
- Follow the opt-out instructions provided in our text message or mobile coupon.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- If you have previously opted into DavsonSales collection and use of location-based information through our mobile application, you may opt-out by adjusting the Settings on your mobile device.
- You may opt-out of all location-based information collection by uninstalling the DavsonSales mobile application and refraining from using DavsonSales Wi-Fi Services available in Stores.
Cookies & Similar Technologies:
We use tracking technologies.
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use this website or service. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our sites and services. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors and partners may also use these tools. These may include browser cookies. We, or our vendors and partners, may also use beacons, flash cookies, and other tracking technologies on our websites and in-store.
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We use tracking tools:
- To recognize new or past users.
- To store your password if you have registered on our site.
- To improve our site.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our website visitors.
We may engage in interest-based advertising.
We and our partners may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms.
Interest-based advertising or "online behavioral advertising" includes ads served to you after you leave a website, encouraging you to return. These ads may be served after you leave our website, or after you leave the websites of third parties. They also include ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies' products.
How do we gather relevant information about you for interest-based advertising?
To decide what is relevant to you, we and our partners use information you make available when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. This information is gathered using the tracking tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your purchases or browsing behaviors. We and our partners might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You can control certain tracking tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have "do not track" features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
CHILDREN UNDER 13